I’m so excited to say that I accomplished all of my goals this week! We were just coming back from vacation last week, and I didn’t really have much focus when it came time to make my goals, so I aimed kind of small. But there’s certainly something to be said for the satisfaction that comes with checking them all off the list! I’d say it might be wise to aim a little smaller every now and then, just to give yourself an extra boost when you succeed.
Last Week’s Goals:
1. Finish creating my price book to catalog the cost of frequently-purchased items. I am so happy with the way this is turning out. Obviously, it will be a work-in-progress for quite a while as I gather pricing info from various stores. For now, though, I’ve recorded prices from all the receipts I have. 2. Complete post-vacation clean-up: wash and put away laundry, unpack bags, bake bread, and generally get the house back into living order. This is all done, thanks largely to my husband. 3. Try a new recipe: chocolate chip cookie dough pancakes. As I’ve mentioned, we typically have breakfast for dinner at least once a week, and we love pancakes. Of all the healthy dessert-type pancakes we’ve tried, this recipe is one of our favorites. 4. List a new item in the Etsy shop. The item is made, I’m just waiting for my sister-in-law to email me photos. 5. Choose outfits for us to wear for family pictures sometime in the next couple of weeks. Done! Hopefully the weather will warm up and the sun will stick around long enough for my sister-in-law to take family photos for us sometime in April. 6. Go through Bennie’s closet and switch out her 6-9 months clothes for 9-12 months. She’s getting so big! This was a bigger job than I expected, because I also organized all of the 12 and 18 months clothes I’ve purchased on clearance over the last several months. But it’s such a relief to have it finished!
This Week’s Goals:
1. Try one new recipe: homemade freezer biscuits.
2. Have a play-date with cousins Jack and Harry.
3. Take the Praxis I (and pass!).
4. Have my father-in-law over for supper while my mother- and brother-in-law are out of town.
5. Plan April’s menu. I’ve been unhappy this month with the lack of variety in our menu, so I’m hoping to incorporate at least one new supper recipe each week. I’d love suggestions for easy meals that are appealing to picky eaters!
6. Find and order prints of free printables to frame for the freshly-painted bathroom. I’d love to know everyone’s favorite links!
7. Have a family movie night. It’s been a while since we’ve had one, complete with popcorn and homemade pizza, but it’s something we all enjoy.
8. Do April’s big grocery shopping trip.
9. Create some art with Griffin to mail to family in Oregon.
10. Blog five posts.
I want to know: what goals are you working toward this week?